Breathtaking, beautiful, colourful, a gem of Romania, Brasov can steal your heart in a beat. In 2018 I had the opportunity to visit this city in 2 different seasons, in May and December. Two dramatic scenes but still a unique beauty is hidden within the city.
I’ve been just for a few days there, so I would like to share some tips on what to see and do in Brasov.
- Find an accommodation in the city center, near the old town. On airbnb you might find plenty apartments with an authentic look and very cozy.
- Buy a sim card from any phone company. They have good deals. We bought a sim card from Vodafone with 5 euros with plenty of minutes and GB (more then enough for few days). Why you may need a card? a. If you come to Brasov with your own transportation, you may need to pay for the parking place and easiest way to do that is an SMS (we couldn’t pay with our Moldovan numbers, even with roaming). b. You might need internet access at unforeseeable situations, for example to contact your host or call for an uber, etc
- Take a walk around the old city.
- Strada Sforii/Rope Street is the narrowest street in the city of Brașov, also is considered one of the narrowest streets in Europe. Its width varies between 31 and 50 cm and it is 80 meters long.
- Go up to the Brasov sign (Hollywoodish one). You can hike or take the funicular up there. Price for funicular (both ways) is 16 lei. Up there you have 2 main directions: the sign from where you see mainly just the city and the highest point from where you have a beautiful view of the mountains.
- Food! I totally recommend having a lunch or dinner at @La Ceau for traditional food.
Big & warm hugs.